It's a shame this place is so dead

Talk about anything here not covered in other forums.

It's a shame this place is so dead

Postby KitanaFan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm

So, I was an active user on here back in the day. I've been different Mortal Kombat sites over the years, but this was the first one I actually joined. Well, just recently, this site popped into mind, so I thought I would check it out to see what's going on (I last posted in here in 2014). And wow, it sure is completely dead in here. Really, I think the site's former closure back in 2008 (or was it 2009?) that ultimately killed it. Even when it came back, it just wasn't the same anymore.

Keep in mind, I'm only talking about activity-wise. This is not to say that I hate this site or anything.

What do you guys think? Do you miss this site?

I'm sure some of you still lurk around.
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

Re: It's a shame this place is so dead

Postby SonyaLover » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:57 pm

I do agree with you on how dead the forum has become, but I'm sure everyone has stuff on their plate right now or maybe completely forgot about. I think forums, including this one, have been dead for awhile. Even Mortal Kombat Online is going through a slump. Granted they update on stuff about Injustice and whatnot on the main page, but even then it isn't as active as it once was. I do miss everyone from here though and I always hope that some of the older members come back but it's a long shot.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Postby KitanaFan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm

SonyaLover wrote:I do agree with you on how dead the forum has become, but I'm sure everyone has stuff on their plate right now or maybe completely forgot about. I think forums, including this one, have been dead for awhile. Even Mortal Kombat Online is going through a slump. Granted they update on stuff about Injustice and whatnot on the main page, but even then it isn't as active as it once was. I do miss everyone from here though and I always hope that some of the older members come back but it's a long shot.

I think it's more like a lot of the older users aren't even aware that the site came back, and those who stuck around got so bored with how dead it was and left. That was the main reason I quietly left, actually.

But yeah, it's true that the majority of forums out there aren't as active as they once were. It's all about Reddit and stuff these days.

So, who right now is even paying the servers to keep this site up? It's been over two years since the main site itself was updated.
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

Postby SonyaLover » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Some were aware and some did come back, but like you said, it's probably not what they expected anymore since it is dead. We can only hope for a resurgence. Whoever is handling the Twitter account though is active and updating it with current things such as The Atom for Injustice 2. That post was on the 3rd.

As for who's paying for it, I have no idea honestly.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Postby KitanaFan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:15 pm

SonyaLover wrote:Some were aware and some did come back, but like you said, it's probably not what they expected anymore since it is dead. We can only hope for a resurgence. Whoever is handling the Twitter account though is active and updating it with current things such as The Atom for Injustice 2. That post was on the 3rd.

As for who's paying for it, I have no idea honestly.

Maybe when the next Mortal Kombat game gets closer to release or something? Then again, there's hardly any discussion on MKX here, so we could always discuss that game more too.

Yeah, I noticed that about Twitter. Kind of weird, if you ask me.

Kamidogu.com seems to be pretty dead too.
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

Postby SonyaLover » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:58 pm

I doubt it. The site wasn't even updated when XL came out so I don't think the site is on anyone's radar right now. It's very unfortunate.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Return to General Discussion