The lovely folks at IGN got some face-time with series co-creator Ed Boon at GamesCom in Germany. He had some interesting things to say not only about Mortal Kombat X, but the future of the series as a whole.
- Multiple jumps in time after the events of MK9 – 5, 10, 20 years with 25 being where a majority of the game takes place
- Kotal Kahn and D’Vorah are linked in the games story
- Console exclusive characters are returning
- DLC will help flesh out the roster for those fan favs who miss the cut
- A new ‘Ality that will be revealed soon
Check out the interview in its entirety here.